Pages

Friday, January 28, 2011

Purpose in Life

Have you ever wondered what your purpose in life is? I've been thinking about that a lot over the last month or so.
  1. What legacy am I supposed to leave my kids?
  2. What feeds my soul now and after my kids are grown?
  3. What will my imprint be on the world after I am gone?
At work, we talk a lot about motivation. What motivates you to do things you do each day? Of course, I want to provide for my kids and have a wonderful relationship with my husband. I enjoy learning about the gospel and continuing to grow my relationship with Jesus Christ. I love, love, love learning new things. I really love watching my kids learn new things or fall in love with something new.

Funny enough, when I watched Annie I always wanted to help with orphans. You know "the old lady that lives in a shoe, had so many children she didn't know what to do". Yeah, kind of like that. Leon corresponded with the ambassador to Zimbabwe through high school and fell in love with that country. Ever since we dated, we've talked about philanthropy and serving.

So, when you feel a little down and out, and don't want to accomplish the tasks for the day, what do you tell yourself to get going?

I'm excited to figure out what mine is, you know, really figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment