Pages

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Clan

There is a cute friend of my husband and I that always tells me to take care of my clan. I like the description. Here's a little introduction.

Chief - Leon is my husband of nearly 13 years. We hard a whirlwind dating experience over about 15 months, in which we spent very little time apart. He is my soul mate in every way - he calls me on my crap, harasses me when I need it, and loves me to pieces. When we are both heading towards the same goal, we complement each other like peanut butter and jelly. He was made for me and I'm head over heels in love with him.

Firstborn - Michael is our oldest and he just turned twelve. He is going through the male rituals of turning into a young man. He is growing taller (6 inches in 6 months!), starting to get hairy, and thinks that everything that makes in different from his brothers is because of puberty. He is receiving the Priesthood at church - which means more responsibility - and is about to start Junior High. Michael loves being the oldest and burning the path for his younger brothers, but he also sometimes gets ahead of himself. He has a wonderful smile and loves to learn new things. I'm going to miss this sweet, innocent boy as he blazes his new paths through adolescence.

Only Child - Corbin would love to be an only child. But alas, that is not the case. Right now, he gets to continue to be the second born and an older brother. (And secretly, I think he likes having siblings to interact with, even if they interact differently than he wants.) He is very analytical and creative. I know he will be an engineer of something when he grows up. Because he likes to figure things out and then see what better thing he can make or do. In fact, in many situations, he figures out to work it to his advantage, because, why not? He is incorrigible and that's the way I like it. I relate to him the most - our brains work the exact same way.

Tenderhearted - Kohner is our middle child. He was born looking like a football player and hasn't stopped growing. In fact, sometimes I forget he is years younger than his brothers. Sometimes just because he acts so much older and other times because of his hulk. He would give you the shirt off his back if he though it would make you happy. And his heart would be torn if he accidentally hurt your feelings. Kohner is himself in every way possible. He dances, sings, laughs, yells, and cries just because that's what he feels like doing at that moment. I love it and hope that he doesn't get that passion diminished as he grows older.

Complicated - Derrick is our youngest son and in that, his life is complicated. He is too young for the older boys, but also not the baby of the family. He tries to live up to what he thinks his brothers want, but gets upset when he's not included all the time. He is also so sweet with his sister and girl cousins - he plays house and imagination and dress-up. His love for others is overwhelming for him sometimes and he gets hurt without others realizing. As sweet as he is, his stubborn streak will give you a run for your money. He would rather be punished for hours than to do what you want him to do when he doesn't want to do it.

Princess - Eowyn is a princess in every sense of the word. The youngest of boys, the only girl of the family, and a red-head to boot! She is so precocious, yet still the baby of the family. She loves her cousins and her aunts - they are so perfect for her. She gets to have her fingernails painted and dresses up as a princess and plays house, all with other girls. Which is fortunate for her because I am not a very girlie girl and, therefore, don't think of these things for her very often. She thinks that if she bats her eyes enough or gives a pretty enough smile, she can get anything her heart desires. And sometimes that's true. When she doesn't get it, she might just hit you - in true style of the youngest sibling of four brothers. (In that, she takes after her mama who has seven brothers.)

How could I stay away from them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment