Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Time for Me

I like me. I like doing things that make me feel good. I firmly believe that in order for me to fulfill a role as a mother and a wife, I have to take time to take care of me (so that I don't pop a gasket and have my head spin around backwards).

One of those things is books. In fact, when I get on a binge, I will devour upwards of six books in a single week. I don't remember everything in them, but I really enjoy it.

Tonight was book club with some wonderful friends of mine (and my sister-in-law came too!). We read Eat Pray Love and talked about the following concepts:
  • living in the present - because that is where God is
  • taking care of yourself in order to create self-respect
  • soul-mate - is that the right way to describe someone who is the mirror of yourself?
  • God's love for us
  • having a spiritual anchor
  • allowing yourself to make mistakes and then move on - forgive yourself
  • and any tangent that we could squeeze in :)
I love these little oasis' once a month that let me express my thoughts and impressions and hear others. Many times they have changed the way I've felt about a book, and, more times than I can count, they have shared inspiration/impressions that I totally missed. And they introduce me to books that I would never have picked up - which is great.

These ladies are wonderful and I have loved having these getaways for the past two years and hope that we have them for the next ten years.

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Ten more years and we will be like those housewives eating bon bons we read about...we'll have to get shirts! I love that you have such a clear vision of taking time for yourself and I loved that you had pages dog eared to share with us tonight. You are a one of a kind lady!

    ReplyDelete